|By:||Wieger Opmeer (a6502) from Berlin.pm|
|Date:||Not scheduled yet.|
The JobCenter is an engine for running long orchestration processes in a transaction-safe way. Another way to describe it would be as a collection of job queues where jobs move from queue to queue based on the rules specified in a domain specific language.
The main ingredients:
- the engine itself written in Perl and PL/pgSQL stored procedures
- a JSON-RPC 2.0 based API layer
- a custom modelling language that looks and feels like program code
- easily version controlled
- easily diffable
- Perl libraries for writing clients and workers
In this talk I will present some of the design principles behind the JobCenter, show some implementation highlights and some actual use-cases.