* Bombay Blues fine Indian cuising - Curries, buffet and a la carte, mango lassies, real good chai tea latte. Less than 10 doors down from venue. Also does lunch.
* The Butterfly and The Pig - Beer, spirits, food. Several Mongers have been there several times.
* Champagne Central - bar at Grand Central Hotel - Beer, whisky, gin, lots of other drinks. Overlooking the central station.
* Pizza Punks - St. Vincent St. Lovely pizzas with unlimited toppings.
* Top 8 whisky bars in Glasgow - Maybe at least one of them is close-by and worth a visit.
* Best whisky bars - Or here. There is some overlap. Might mean something is good there.
* Non Viet Lovely Vietnamese restaurant, of potential interest to those staying at 1+ km to the NW/W from the conference venue.
* Chakoo Bombay Cafe Cafe with several Indian food options. Meat, curries and several more choices. Perfect for a light lunch. Interior apparently trying to recreate peculiar Indian cafes of decades past. Nice atmosphere. 5 minutes from the conference venue on foot going towards Queen Station.
* Cafe Bakehouse Singl-End - For breakfast and lunch.
* Gin 71 high-end gin bar, main location on Renfield Street a few minutes walk from the venue
* Mother India Indian tapas-style dishes, a little further out in the West End, but worth the trip
Last modified: 15/08/18 00:34 by Aaron Crane (arc)